Once a booking has been confirmed, a Contract has been entered into. The person whose name appears on the Booking Form agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all the following Conditions of Let are adhered to by all members of the party.
1. To limit the number of people occupying the property to 4. This includes children and babies. You may bring up to two dogs as long as this has been agreed with the manager and a £20 payment per dog per stay has been paid.
2. To pay 25% deposit on booking, with the balance payable one month before the start of the holiday. If a booking is made less than none month before the start of the holiday please send or otherwise arrange to pay the full rent at the time of booking. Failure to pay the balance of rental charges will result in the manager treating the property as available for re-booking.
3. To accept that a completed booking form agreed by both parties is a binding contract and that any subsequent amendments must be agreed by both parties in writing.
4. To notify any cancellation in writing and pay any monies due. If the accommodation is re-let at the full rate, a full refund, less an administration fee of £25 per week, will be made. If at a lesser rate a partial refund will be made. If not re-let then no refund will be made. To safeguard against cancellation charges & other unforeseen eventualities we strongly recommend Cancellation Insurance as we do not provide insurance under the terms of this holiday rental agreement.
If you cancel less than 14 days from your start date FOR ANY REASON and we are successful in re-letting all of your holiday you will receive a full refund minus the £25 administration fee. If we are only successful in re-letting part of your holiday and the value of the re-let is less than your outstanding balance of hire, you will also be held responsible for the difference. If we cannot re-let and the cancellation date is within 14 days of the start of your holiday, then you will be held responsible for the full cost. All of your liabilities as stated above may be covered if you have Cancellation Insurance and we strongly recommend all our guests to ensure that you have appropriate cover in place.
5. To accept that should the property, subsequent to booking, become unavailable through any cause, the manager’s liability is limited to the repayment of any rent already paid.
6. To keep any pets, where allowed, under strict control at all times and accept liability for any damage caused. Dogs must be house-trained, are not to be left alone at any time in or near the accommodation. Dogs are not allowed onto the furniture. Any fouling in the gardens should be cleared.
7. To accept that the responsibility for personal property of guests occupying the accommodation is solely theirs. All vehicles are also left at the guests’ risk. Also guests agree to absolve the Property Manager of any responsibility for any accident or mishap to persons or property whilst on the premises or whilst engaged in any activity therein, or from any illness or injury arising from any cause whatsoever.
8. To use the property solely for its purpose as self-catering accommodation and to accept the owner’s right to refuse to hand over the property to any person deemed unsuitable to take charge. Causing a nuisance or disturbance, or unreasonable behaviour may result in the manager asking guests to leave.
9. To allow the manager or agents access to the property at all reasonable times.
10. To be responsible for shutting all exterior doors and appropriate windows and securing the property when absent or sleeping.
11. To respect and look after their accommodation during their stay and to leave the property clean and tidy, with full inventory. Also to take responsibility for minimising the fire risk.
12. To reimburse the manager for any breakages, loss or damage, other than those due to fair wear and tear. Also to accept the manager’s discretionary £80 charge for extra cleaning if the property has been left in an untidy mess.
13. To agree not to sub-let or re-assign the property to another person or persons without the managers permission.
14. To vacate the property by 10.00 hrs latest on the final day of let, unless otherwise agreed with the manager. Failure to vacate promptly may incur a minimum penalty charge of £80, or more, depending on the degree of inconvenience to manager/incoming guests. Guest arrival time is from 16.00 hrs. onwards.
15. “Force Majeure” – We regret we cannot accept responsibility or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contract with you is prevented or affected by reason of circumstances which amount to force majeure. Circumstances amounting to force majeure include any event which we could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such circumstances include the destruction or damage of your holiday home (which cannot reasonably be remedied to a satisfactory standard before the start of your holiday) through fire, flood, explosion, storm or other weather damage, break-in, criminal damage or any similar event. Such circumstances also include riots or civil strife, industrial action, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, war or threat of war, pandemic, actual or threatened terrorist activity and all similar situations beyond our control. In such an event we will do our best to offer you an alternative date if available. If we cannot do so or if you do not wish to accept the alternative we offer, we will issue a credit note or refund all monies you have paid. Please note, all bookings from 2021 onwards are made in the knowledge that Coronavirus is now here to stay.
Where any cancellation or change results from force majeure, our liabilities are limited to offering you an alternative date (where available) or refund as set out above. We regret we cannot pay any compensation or meet any expenses or costs you may incur as a result of any such cancellation or change. If you have accepted a credit in lieu of a refund our standard cancellation terms and conditions are applicable when you rebook. Likewise, If your original booking is moved/altered due to force majeure then our original terms and conditions are applied. Please note, bookings made subsequent to 2020 are made in the full knowledge of the potential travel disruption that may continue to result from Coronavirus.
16. Shortcomings – You must notify us of any shortcomings with your accommodation immediately so that corrective action can be taken. We cannot accept liability in relation to any shortcomings or claim of whatever nature if you fail to notify us of any complaint or claim during your holiday and write to us within 30 days of the end of your holiday.